27 Nov Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Thighs with Roasted Apples and Grapes
This Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Thighs with Roasted Apples and Grapes is a quick and easy one-skillet wonder perfect for a chilly autumn weeknight.
Well, another Thanksgiving is over, and we’re on the downhill spiral to Christmas now. I didn’t completely blow my healthy eating goals over the holiday weekend (which included a weekend family trip to Asheville, NC). I even used my leftover Thanksgiving turkey for good instead of evil. (Curried Turkey/Chicken Salad Recipe coming soon!)
I did cheat a little, though because, well, Thanksgiving. And Asheville breweries + cideries + incredible eateries. <3 <3
So now it’s time to get back on track. At least for a little while.
Enter these Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Thighs with Roasted Apples and Grapes.
If you’ve never roasted red grapes, you’re really missing out. They taste like incredible, juicy explosions of preservative- and corn syrup-free grape jelly. Add some cooked apples, roasted chicken and fresh thyme, and you have a one-skillet wonder on your hands. (Okay, you do need one plate to move the chicken onto for a quick minute in the middle of the recipe. So make it a two-dish-and-some-tongs wonder.)
Are you ready for this easy-peasy quick and easy dinner?
Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Thighs with Roasted Apples and Grapes
- 1/4 c. avocado oil
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in skins on (about 2 lbs.)
- salt and pepper
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. apple cider
- 1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 Granny Smith apple sliced
- 1 1/2 c. red grapes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken and brown on each side. About 3-5 minutes per side. Don’t move the chicken thighs until they turn easily or the skins will tear.
- Set the chicken aside on a plate once browned.
- Add onion, garlic and cumin, stirring about 5 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to low.
- Add the chicken, skin side up.
- Add the jalapeno, bay leaves and thyme.
- Add the apple slices around the chicken and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Add the grapes and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until the chicken reaches at least 165°F internally at its thickest point.
Nutrition facts are for one chicken thigh and 1/4 of the fruits and sauce. Serve these Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Thighs with Roasted Apples and Grapes up with a big side salad if you’re counting calories!
Be sure to Pin this Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Thighs with Roasted Apples and Grapes recipe for later!