Super-sweet but wrapped in crispy, salty bacon, these decadent Paleo and Whole30 Apple Cinnamon Stuffed Dates are warm, ooey-gooey, delicious and, best of all, healthy!
‘Tis the season for holiday parties and potlucks with family, friends and coworkers. I usually take something Whole30-compliant that others will enjoy as well for a couple reasons.
- I know there will be at least one dish I can eat.
- I like to show others that healthy can be tasty!
These Paleo and Whole30 Apple Cinnamon Stuffed Dates are certainly delicious! They are super-sweet and ridiculously ooey-gooey but also wrapped in crispy, salty bacon.
Eat them right out of the oven while they are still warm and gooey. The hot, crispy bacon combined with the decadently sweet dates and apple pie-spiced baked apples is an incredibly mouthwatering treat.
These are perfect as an impressive appetizer, finger food or a cute dessert. One is plenty to annihilate your sugar craving.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Chop the apple into pieces small enough to fit inside the dates.
- Cut a sliver in each date large enough to fit an apple chunk.
- Place the apple pieces into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with ghee. Toss with tongs to coat.
- Sprinkle the apple pieces with the cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice, and use the tongs to mix well.
- Stuff each date with a chunk of apple.
- Wrap each date with a piece of bacon, ensuring the seam is on the bottom of the date or securing each piece with a toothpick.
- Bake 25 minutes at 375°F.