This Paleo and Whole30 Beefy Bacon Chili lives up to its name. It’s meaty. It’s bacon-y. It’s healthy and full of flavor but not too spicy. The best part? You can have it ready in under an hour on the stovetop with only 11 ingredients!
I could eat chili every day during the fall and winter seasons. For real. But I still need variety in my life, so I’m always coming up with new chili recipes.
Extra spicy roasted habanero chili, veggies-only chili, sweet potato chili, Apple Cider Chili, Buffalo Chicken Chili, Easy 8-Ingredient Chili, White Chicken Chili, Leftover Turkey Chili, Spiced Pumpkin Chili. I might be a little obsessed.
This Paleo and Whole30 Beefy Bacon Chili lives up to its name. It’s meaty. It’s bacon-y. It’s healthy and full of flavor but not too spicy. Add as much spice as you want, obvi, with extra chili powder, or some cayenne or chipotle powder. I prefer more. But we have a lot of littles and they wolfed this down no problem, so that’s a win for me.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. bacon, chopped into small pieces
- ½ large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. chili powder (plus more to taste)
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 14.5 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 c. beef broth
- (optional) sea salt, to taste
- Brown the ground beef and bacon over medium high heat in a large Dutch oven until browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Drain off the excess grease and add the onion. Cook another 3-4 minutes or until the onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add the tomato paste, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder, oregano and cinnamon. Stir for two minutes. Turn down the heat if you need to to keep it from burning.
- Add the tomatoes and beef broth and mix well.
- Bring chili to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 25-35 minutes uncovered or until liquid has reduced and the chili reaches your desired consistency.
- Add sea salt to taste.
Who doesn’t love bacon??
Don’t forget to Pin this Paleo and Whole30 Beefy Bacon Chili recipe for later!