06 Nov Paleo & Whole30 Breakfast Sausage
I love Sundays. I usually cook a big brunch, and we hang out in our pajamas and have mimosas. Since we started following the Whole30 plan, I haven’t cooked a nice brunch because all the things I love, like biscuits and gravy, sausage and mimosas, aren’t Whole30 compliant. I’ve been wanting to try my hand at homemade breakfast sausage, and I’m so glad I did! This Paleo & Whole30 Breakfast Sausage is so easy to make and even tastier than the sugar-laden brands at the grocery store.Print
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the beef tallow or pork lard.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey or pork with the melted cooking fat with your hands.
- In a separate bowl, combine the next 6 ingredients.
- Add the spice mixture to the meat mixture and combine well with your hands.
- Form the mixture into patties of equal size. Mine made 11 perfectly-proportioned patties.
- Be sure to make an indentation in each of your patties with your thumb, so they won’t become puffy in the middle while they cook.
- Fry the patties for 2-4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Pressing down on the patties with a spatula while frying them will keep them flat.
I served our Paleo & Whole30 Breakfast Sausage with some scrambled eggs cooking in ghee, orange wedges and tomato slices. It was a perfect Whole30 compliant brunch (minus the mimosas, of course). If you find a Whole30-compliant mimosa recipes, be sure to let me know! 🙂
This Paleo & Whole30 Breakfast Sausages a great recipe to make in bulk. Next time I make it, I plan to quadruple the recipe and freeze the extra patties. You can cook them all ahead of time and then freeze, or freeze the uncooked patties between wax paper to fry later.
Make sure you Pin this recipe for later!