I was on the way home from work Friday night. It had been a long week. We’d washed about 40 cars for Employee Appreciation Day at work and I was sweaty, dirty, exhausted and grumpy. I had just picked up the Littles from daycare when my husband text me, “Pick up a pizza?” The temptation was strong to give in and take home a cheap pizza. I could feed everyone, put my feet up and get a little rest. But I couldn’t do it. There had to be something I could make that was quick and easy with minimal cleanup but also healthy, Whole30-compliant and kid-friendly. Thank goodness for this Paleo & Whole30 Chili! I had food on the table and my tired feet propped up by the fire in no time.
You’re going to love this Paleo & Whole30 Chili recipe because it requires just a few ingredients and minimal prep work. The fire-roasted tomatoes really make this recipe. They give it a great depth of flavor with little work for you. The great thing about chili is that you can get really creative using what you have on hand. Have some mushrooms in your fridge? Throw ’em in. Bell peppers, shredded carrots, they’re all game. If you have fresh garlic, use it! A garlic press will make quick work of it. It’s so easy to load it up with a bunch of veggies or keep it simple if you’re in a pinch like I was.
Here’s my Paleo & Whole30 Chili recipe, but make sure to make it your own!
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 28 oz. fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- In a Dutch oven or large stock pot, cook ground beef over medium-high heat until browned, using a wooden spoon or your Pampered Chef Mix N Chop to break up the pieces.
- Add the onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin, stirring well.
- Add the chicken broth and allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and and mix well.
- Season with the salt and pepper, adding more to taste throughout the remainder of the cooking process.
- Simmer 45 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
Serve this Paleo & Whole30 Chili over some Garlic and Ghee Smashed Potatoes (recipe coming soon!) or Herbed Plantain Rice (recipe coming soon!). I used some flat leaf parsley as a garnish.
Don’t forget to save this Paleo & Whole30 Chili recipe for later!
Did you make it? What changes did you make? I would love to hear your ideas!