Take just 10 minutes to prep this Paleo & Whole30 Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup, and let your slow cooker do the rest! It’s the perfect busy cold weather weeknight meal.
Don’t you just love practically no-prep crock pot meals that come together in under ten minutes? I know I do. I put this Paleo & Whole30 Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup in my slow cooker before work, and by lunchtime, I had this perfectly fragrant, creamy, falling-apart-tender chicken soup waiting on me when I walked in the door.
I originally found this Creamy Italian Chicken Tomato Soup on the Caramel Potatoes blog and made a couple small changes.
- To the slow cooker, add the onion, coconut milk, chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low 7-9 hours, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I use a digital thermometer.
- Remove the chicken, shred it with a fork, and add it back to the crock pot.
- Mix well, and add more salt and pepper if needed.
It’s pretty rare that I make the same recipe more than once, but this Paleo & Whole30 Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup was so tasty and easy to make that I made another batch immediately and doubled it this time. You can serve it by itself, on top of a baked potato or even over a bed of fresh kale or spinach. (I plan to try all of those suggestions. 🙂 )
Don’t forget to pin this Paleo & Whole30 Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup recipe for later!