12 Nov Paleo & Whole30 Jalapeño Poppers
It’s been a week of chicken meals. Roasted chicken, chicken salad, chicken stew… I’ve had enough chicken this week. I wanted something for dinner that didn’t resemble chicken at all, but unfortunately, I had one more chicken breast in the fridge that I needed to use. The result? These Paleo & Whole30 Jalapeño Poppers! I pulverized the cooked chicken in my NutriBullet along with some chili powder, stuffed the yummy filling in some gorgeous jalapeño pepper halves and wrapped those puppies in bacon. Voilà! Chicken? What chicken?
If you know me, you know I’m obsessed with peppers. Jalapeños, poblanos, habaneros…They’re all so wonderful! Fresh peppers, pickled peppers, roasted peppers…I just can’t get enough of them. If you don’t believe me, check out my Chicken Salad (recipe coming soon!), Stuffed Poblano Peppers or Roasted Habanero Salsa.Print
Paleo & Whole30 Jalapeño Poppers
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 10 poppers 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
These yummy, HEALTHY bacon-wrapped Paleo & Whole30 Jalapeño Poppers require only 6 ingredients (+S&P)! What are you waiting for??
- 1 c. cooked chicken, chopped into 1 in. cubes
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. Whole30-compliant mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 5 jalapeños, halved and seeded
- 10 strips Whole30-compliant bacon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine the chicken, onion, mayonnaise, chili powder, salt and pepper in a NutriBullet or other high-powered blender until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Wearing gloves, fill each jalapeño half with a spoonful of chicken mixture. It should be slightly heaping without spilling over.
- Wrap each jalapeño half with a slice of bacon. Fold the bacon underneath the pepper so it stays put.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until you can smell the peppers begin to roast. (You’ll know it when you smell it.)
- Serving Size: 1 popper
I served these Paleo & Whole30 Jalapeño Poppers with my Cool Avocado Lime Dipping Sauce, and together they were magic! The warm spiciness of the jalapeño poppers combined with the cool creamy sauce was a match made Whole30 Heaven. But don’t just take my word for it. Run out and grab some jalapeños, pronto! Or at least Pin this recipe for later. 🙂
Check out this Whole30 MEGA starter kit at my new favorite site, Barefoot Provisions!