My husband smoked a wonderfully delicious, moist, flavorful turkey for Thanksgiving. We had leftover turkey meals for days, and they were great. But enough’s enough, right? I wanted to use up the rest of the turkey, but I didn’t want to taste the turkey. This Paleo and Whole30 Leftover Turkey Chili FTW!
- 2 tbsp. light olive oil
- 3 c. shredded cooked turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2-3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- In a Dutch oven or large stock pot, heat light olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey, onion and pepper and cook 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder and cumin, stirring well.
- Add the chicken broth and allow to reduce for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and and mix well.
- Season with the salt and pepper, adding more to taste throughout the remainder of the cooking process.
- Simmer 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
The great thing about this Paleo & Whole30 Leftover Turkey Chili is that you can adapt it to fit what you have on hand. Take a look through your fridge and throw in whatever veggies you have in there. Carrots, zucchini, celery…anything’s game! If you don’t have a fresh poblano pepper on hand, two small cans of diced green chilies will work fine too.
Don’t forget to Pin this Paleo and Whole30 Leftover Turkey Chili for later!