30 Mar Paleo and Whole30 Roasted Poblano Sauce
You’ll love this Paleo and Whole30 Roasted Poblano Sauce. The roasted poblanos are super smoky, and the jalapeños give it just the right kick. Cilantro and lime juice balance out the smoke and spice, making this sauce perfect for drizzling on all the things! Vegan, vegetarian and dairy free.
I’m obsessed with making my own sauces, salsa, dressings, guacamole and pico de gallo right now. They’re so much healthier and tastier when you make them yourself and the possibilities are endless!
I love this Paleo and Whole30 Roasted Poblano Sauce. The roasted poblanos are super smoky and the jalapeños give it just the right kick. Cilantro and lime juice balance out the smoke and spice, making this sauce perfect for drizzling on all the things.
For more fresh sauces, check out my Paleo and Whole30 Jamaican Jerk Sauce, Paleo and Whole30 Avocado Lime Drizzle, and Paleo and Whole30 Belizean Onion Sauce.
All you need make this Paleo and Whole30 Roasted Poblano Sauce are a few fresh veggies and a high-powered blender.Print
Paleo and Whole30 Roasted Poblano Sauce
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 40 ounces 1x
- 2 poblano peppers
- 4 jalapeno peppers
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/8 wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 c. white vinegar
- large handful cilantro, stems and leaves
- 1 c. water, plus more for thinning
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roast whole peppers, onions and garlic for 30 minutes, turning halfway through using tongs.
- Remove from the oven and place the peppers in a sealed large zipper bag for 10 minutes to loosen the skins.
- Using gloves, remove the skins from the peppers and discard.
- Blend the roasted veggies, lime juice, vinegar and cilantro in a high-powered blender.
- Add water in 1/4-cup increments until you reach desired consistency.
- Add the sea salt and white pepper, adding more to taste if necessary.
Don’t forget to Pin this Paleo and Whole30 Roasted Poblano Sauce for later!
When you make this Paleo and Whole30 Roasted Poblano Sauce, be sure to tag me on Instagram as @farmsteadchic and use #farmsteadchic!