Is anyone else addicted to Amazon? I hate to admit it, but I think I might be. My husband has wanted a sous vide cooker for quite some time now. If you’re not familiar with sous vide, here’s the quick and dirty: The food is sealed in an air-tight bag and cooked slowly in a water bath until it reaches the desired temperature. That way, foods, specifically meats, reach the correct internal temperature without getting burnt or losing all of their juices during the cooking process. The result? Tender, flavorful steaks cooked to perfection. We found Amazon had this sous vide precision cooker on sale for the holidays, and we jumped on it. I’m so glad we did! This one hooks onto the side of my Dutch oven and connects to my iPhone to alert me when dinner is ready. It even comes with a free app with loads of cool recipes I can’t wait to try! I was so excited to make some steaks with it, and this Paleo & Whole30 Rosemary Garlic Steak Marinade gave them a burst of flavor without overpowering their innate flavor.
I originally got the inspiration for this Paleo & Whole30 Rosemary Garlic Steak Marinade from the Paleo Comfort Foods cookbook, but then I veered off and went my own way. (If you haven’t seen the book, you need to try it out! It’s full of great ideas and easy recipes.)
- 2 tsp. black peppercorns
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 6 cloves garlic
- ¼ c. light olive oil
- ⅓ c. 100% orange juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary needles
- 2 16 oz. sirloin steaks
- Use a NutriBullet to grind the peppercorns.
- Add cumin, garlic cloves, oil, juices, vinegar and rosemary needles, and blend well in the NutriBullet until smooth.
- Pour marinade over the steaks and marinate at least 3 hours and preferably overnight.
- Grill, pan-fry or bake the steaks as normal, or you can use the sous vide method I did to get a perfectly cooked, mouth-watering steak.
This recipe made plenty of marinade for two 16-ounce sirloin steaks. Once they made it to the right internal temperature, we browned them in some ghee, and they were ahh-maze-ing with just the right amount of flavor.
Don’t forget to Pin this Paleo & Whole30 Rosemary Garlic Steak Marinade for later!