14 Jun Whole30 Beefy Taco Potato Skins
These Whole30 Beefy Taco Potato Skins are crispy and buttery, filled with savory taco meat, tomatoes + onions with an endless array of toppings. Dairy-free!
So I’ve been on a potato skins kick lately. Eating these Whole30 Beefy Taco Potato Skins is like having junk food for dinner, but somehow all the ingredients are Whole30-compliant. Crispy, salty potato skins filled with spicy taco meat full of tomatoes and onions? What more could you want?!
(Note: Although all of these ingredients in themselves are Whole30-compliant, feeding your junk food cravings is not in line with the Whole30 guidelines. For more information on this, please read It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways, The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom and/or Food Freedom Forever: Letting Go of Bad Habits, Guilt, and Anxiety Around Food.)
If you’re like me, a busy working mom with too much to do to sit down and stop everything to read a book, you should definitely check out Amazon’s Audible program. That’s how I found time to read It Starts With Food, by having it read to me. I love, love Audible. I just recently purchased Food Freedom Forever with one of my monthly credits, and it’s another winner so far. I listen to it in the car to and from work and also while I’m cooking and doing chores.
Whole30 Beefy Taco Potato Skins
- Add diced tomatoes and spices. Cook 2 more minutes, mixing well, until the excess juice has cooked down.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- At this point, your potatoes should be baked and cooled enough to touch.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the insides, leaving some of the potato in the skins. I used an ice cream scoop.
- Sprinkle the insides lightly with sea salt.
- Place potato halves face-down on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn the potatoes over and continue to bake until the edges of the potatoes start to turn golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from oven.
- Fill each skin with the taco meat mixture until slightly heaping.
- Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes to let everything finish getting crispy.
If you’re like me and need something cool and creamy on the side of all your Mexican-inspired dishes, check out this Paleo and Whole30 Sour Cream.
Don’t forget to Pin this Whole30 Beefy Taco Potato Skins recipe for later!