This Whole30 Slow Cooker Beef Stew requires less than 10 ingredients with minimal prep + cleanup. A healthy, flavorful Crock Pot dinner fit for the whole fam!
Happy 4th, y’all! I hope you had a good one. We spent it lounging around because it was rainy and dreary most of the day. Just to clarify, I’m completely fine with a day off work and a good excuse to be lazy for once. I’m not complaining at all.
I dreaded going back to work after a day off mid-week, and I knew I wouldn’t feel like cooking a big fancy (let alone healthy) dinner tonight. Soooo I got up a little early this morning and threw this Whole30 Slow Cooker Beef Stew together. It’s so easy and yet so yummy! The hubby loved it and the kids didn’t even whine about it. And let me tell you, it’s a rare occasion in this house to not hear all the weeping and gnashing of teeth at dinnertime no matter what I whip up.
This Whole30 Slow Cooker Beef Stew is a no-brainer to make! Just brown the meat to get that extra somethin’ and throw everything in the slow cooker before you head off on your crazy day. I won’t even tell if you don’t brown the meat. I like to do it for the extra flavor, but I doubt anyone’ll notice if you don’t. ‘specially if you don’t tell ’em!Print
- 2 tbsp. extra light olive oil
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 c. lower sodium grass-fed beef broth, separated
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 4 Russet potatoes, very coarsely chopped
- 4 c. baby carrots
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle beef stew meat generously on each side with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Brown meat in a large skillet on each side about 4-5 minutes per side. Use tongs to turn the meat but not until you can do so without it sticking. Brown it in two batches if necessary to keep the meat from touching.
- Add skillet contents to the slow cooker.
- Set the skillet off the heat until you can slowly add 2 cups of the beef broth without splatters.
- Deglaze the skillet and add the entire contents to the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker. Be careful not to add too much salt. The 1 tsp. is based on using a lower sodium beef broth. You can always add more at the end if necessary.
- Cook on high 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours depending on your slow cooker.
Dont forget to Pin this Whole30 Slow Cooker Beef Stew recipe for later!