23 Jun Whole30 White Chicken Chili Potato Skins
These Whole30 White Chicken Chili Potato Skins are the perfect blend of savory, spicy white chicken chili spooned into salty, crispy, buttery potato skins. Gluten free + dairy free and full of healthy goodness.
I’ll go ahead and apologize for posting two potato skins recipes in a row, but it’s kind of like a #sorrynotsorry situation, because these Whole30 White Chicken Chili Potato Skins are gonna rock your world.
Here’s what you do: Go ahead and make a full batch of my Paleo and Whole30 White Chicken Chili. If you haven’t tried it yet, you’re missing out. It’s one of my most favorite recipes on the blog, right after my Whole30 Zuppa Toscana.
I know you’ve had white chicken chili before, and it was probably really good. Great, even. But you haven’t tried this Paleo and Whole30 White Chicken Chili recipe because I spent hours in the kitchen getting the perfect blend of savory, spicy and tangy. You won’t even miss those darned white beans if you’re Whole30 and Paleo like me.
This recipe calls for half ghee and half light olive oil on the potato skins, but if you’re sensitive to dairy, just use all light olive oil. Make sure to use the light kind and not EVOO, though. Light olive oil has a higher smoke point than EVOO, so you get fewer free radicals. Beef tallow and coconut oil are excellent alternatives, too. I save my organic EVOO for cold recipes where I really want the olive flavor to shine through.
Whole30 White Chicken Chili Potato Skins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- At this point, your potatoes should be baked and cooled enough to touch.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the insides, leaving some of the potato in the skins. I use an ice cream scoop.
- Sprinkle the insides lightly with sea salt.
- Place potato halves face-down on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Using tongs, turn the potatoes over and continue to bake until the edges of the potatoes start to turn golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes from oven.
- Fill each skin evenly with the chicken chili mixture until slightly heaping.
- Return to oven for an additional 5 minutes to let everything finish getting crispy.
Don’t forget to Pin these Whole30 White Chicken Chili Potato Skins for later! If you’re new to the Whole30, make sure to check out my Ten Must-Have Whole30 Convenience Products and 10 Best Kitchen Gadgets for Your Whole30 posts!
I’ve gotten a lot of questions about what foods are Whole30-compliant and why some aren’t. I’m so happy to help, but I would definitely recommend reading the Whole30 books if you haven’t already. Knowledge really is power, especially when you’re just trying to make it through the work day and that 3pm chocolate bar craving hits. You’ll know why you’re feeling the way you are and what you can do to squash it.
If you’re like me, a busy working mom with too much to do to sit down and stop everything to read a book, you should definitely check out Amazon’s Audible program. That’s how I found time to read It Starts With Food, by having it read to me. I love, love Audible. I just recently purchased Food Freedom Forever with one of my monthly credits, and it’s another winner so far. I listen to it in the car to and from work and also while I’m cooking and doing chores.