21 Sep Keto Big Mac – Big Mac Chaffle
The perfect Chaffle bun, super thin, juicy, perfectly seasoned hamburger patty, sautéed onions, crunchy dill pickles, shredded iceberg lettuce, American cheese and Thousand Island dressing make this Keto Big Mac Chaffle taste like the real thing without all the harmful additives and questionable ingredients. #ketobigmac #bigmacchaffle #lowcarbbigmac #lowcarbburger #chaffle #farmsteadchic
Have you jumped on board the Chaffle train yet? I finally did, and I’m smitten! I’ve always avoided Keto bread substitutes because they tend to be really eggy, gooey and/or spongy (from my experience).
I changed my mind after creating this firm, crispy, not-too-cheesy or eggy BEST CHAFFLE EVER.
Since then, I’ve been experimenting with all kinds of Chaffles. This Keto Big Mac Chaffle has tied with my Keto Reuben Chaffle for my favorite. (Stay tuned for the Reuben. It is worth the wait, I promise.) But MAN, this Keto Big Mac Chaffle! It has all the makings of the perfect Big Mac, but it’s so darned healthy! I’m in lust.
The super thin, juicy, perfectly seasoned hamburger patty, sautéed onions, crunchy dill pickles, shredded iceberg lettuce, American cheese and Thousand Island dressing really make this Keto Big Mac Chaffle ahhhhhh-maze-ing. (Actual Big Mac Special Sauce isn’t made from Thousand Island dressing and doesn’t contain any tomatoes as far as I know, but it’s close enough and oh-so-delicious, along with being quick, easy and low carb!)
So listen…The photo shows a triple Chaffle with two hamburger patties and two slices of cheese. You probably aren’t going to be able to eat all of this in one sitting (and you probably shouldn’t anyway) because it’s chock full of calories, protein and healthy fats. So the recipe and nutrition facts are based on HALF of a Keto Big Mac Chaffle consisting of two Chaffles, one hamburger patty and one slice of cheese with all the fixins. This is an indulgent meal, and you don’t want to use your whole day’s macros on one meal, however tasty it may be. 🙂
Keto Big Mac - Big Mac Chaffle
- 12 BEST Chaffles
- 1 lb. 80/20 ground beef
- 1/2 c. chopped yellow onion very finely minced
- 2 c. shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 c. dill pickle slices
- 3/4 c. Thousand Island dressing
- 6 slices American cheese
- Separate ground beef into six equal portions and roll into balls.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 or 3 ground beef balls to skillet (depending on how much room you have) and press down QUICKLY with a metal spatula until they are super thin. Season generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Do not continue to press down, or you'll lose all your yummy juices. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Flip patties, and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper again. Press once, quickly and firmly, to keep patty very thin.
- Repeat with remaining ground beef.
- Move patties aside to a separate plate. Add finely minced onion and cook 2-3 minutes until translucent. Remove from heat.
- Make Big Mac Chaffle: Layer one Chaffle followed by 1/6 of the lettuce, 1 tbsp. of dressing, one slice of cheese, one hamburger patty, 1/6 of the minced onions, 1/6 of the pickles and one more tbsp. of dressing, and top with a Chaffle. Cut in half and serve!
Don’t forget to save this Keto Big Mac Chaffle for later!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert. Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythitrol carbs are not included in the nutritional information as it has been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.