06 Jul Keto Cheesy Pesto Chicken Casserole
Hey y’all! Do you like extra creamy, cheesy casseroles? Pesto? Easy weeknight dinners that you can prep in advance for the hectic week ahead? YES!? Well then, this Keto Cheesy Pesto Chicken Casserole is the recipe for you!
My daughter and I picked big beautiful bunches of basil from our herb garden and decided to try our hand at homemade pesto. It turned out incredibly tasty!
Since we’re trying to eat grain-free and low carb, we brainstormed on all the wonderful things we could make with our homemade pesto that didn’t involve pasta. Enter this Keto Cheesy Pesto Chicken Casserole.
Do you like extra creamy, cheesy casseroles? Pesto? Easy weeknight dinners that you can prep in advance for the hectic week ahead? YES!? Well then, this Keto Cheesy Pesto Chicken Casserole is the recipe for you!
Keto Cheesy Pesto Chicken Casserole – Low Carb Chicken Casserole
- 1/2 tsp. avocado oil
- 4 c. shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 c. full fat sour cream
- 3/4 c. homemade pesto
- 1 c. shredded parmesan cheese separated
- 1 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese separated
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- optional garnishes: fresh basil toasted pine nuts, grated parmesan, a dollop of homemade pesto
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease an 8″ x 8″ casserole dish with the avocado oil.
- Mix the shredded chicken, mayonnaise, sour cream and homemade pesto.
- Stir in 1 cup shredded mozzarella and 1/2 cup shredded parmesan.
- Add a bit of freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the eggs and mix until combined well.
- Layer the chicken mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. (Optional: Add a sprinkling of pine nuts if desired.)
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
- Place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to brown the top a little more if desired.
- Serve with optional garnishes such as fresh basil, toasted pine nuts, grated parmesan or a dollop of homemade pesto.
Filled with cheesy goodness, finely shredded chicken and a creamy mayo, sour cream and homemade pesto mixture, this casserole is sure to go on your weekly rotation. Garnish it with basil, toasted pine nuts, an extra dollop of pesto and/or some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Don’t forget to Pin this Keto Cheesy Pesto Chicken Casserole recipe for later!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert. Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythitrol carbs are not included in the nutritional information as it has been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.