Warm your bones, keep your #NewYearResolution and start your day off right with these flavor- + nutrient-packed Warm Butternut Squash Banana Smoothie Bowls!
I love smoothies and all that they stand for. They allow me to cram a variety of nutrients in a quick and easy portable breakfast. Unfortunately, it’s just way too cold outside for me to drink a smoothie right now, let alone tote one with me to work. The solution? These Warm Butternut Squash Banana Smoothie Bowls! Who says smoothies have to be cold? If there’s a hard and fast rule out there about cold smoothies, I’m changing it because these bowls are delish!
I used leftover butternut squash filling from a stuffed squash recipe I made earlier this week, but you can cook your own, buy the canned stuff or even substitute the squash with sweet potatoes or pumpkin.Print
- 1 c. pre-cooked butternut squash purée (I used fresh squash, but canned butternut squash, pumpkin, or sweet potato will also work.)
- 1/2 c. full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Blend the squash, coconut milk, banana and cinnamon in a NutriBullet or other high powered blender for 10-15 seconds until pureed.
- Transfer to a saucepan and heat on medium heat 3-4 minutes, or until heated through.
- Garnish with extras like pomegranate arils, walnuts, banana slices, chia seeds or unsweetened flaked coconut.
Don’t forget to Pin this Warm Butternut Squash Banana Smoothie Bowls recipe for later!