13 May Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili, Paleo + Whole30
This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili incorporates all your favorite WING flavors into a comforting one-dish meal that’s Paleo + Whole30 compliant!
I finally got my hands on some Tessemae’s Hot Buffalo Sauce! Yesssss! I can’t wait to make all the things buffalo chicken-style. I’m obsessed with buffalo wings, but traditional wings aren’t exactly Whole30-friendly. I’ll tell you what is though. This Instant Pot Paleo and Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Chili. And it’s yummy to boot.
This Instant Pot Paleo and Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Chili is thick and chunky, perfectly spicy and chock full of healthy goodness. You won’t miss the beans because we’ll use sweet potatoes to thicken up the broth, balancing out the heat and providing some excellent health benefits (Vitamins A and C, along with potassium and dietary fiber just to name a few).
If you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot train yet, you can certainly make this Buffalo Chicken Chili in a slow cooker or on the stovetop. Add more chicken broth as the liquids will cook down. You should definitely consider getting an Instant Pot, though, because it is a Whole30 lifesaver when I come home without a plan for dinner. No meat thawed? No problem!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili, Paleo + Whole30
- 1 tbsp. extra light olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 4 celery stalks trimmed and diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes drained
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. Tessemae's buffalo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 2.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- jalapeños for serving optional
- cilantro for serving optional
- lime wedges for serving optional
- Using Sauté function, heat light olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add onion and celery. Cook 4 minutes until they start to turn translucent.
- Stir continuously with a wooden spoon to prevent burning.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute until fragrant.
- Mix well and add chicken breasts.
- Attach lid and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Use the slow release for 15 minutes and ensure chicken has reached 165°F.
- Move chicken breast to a separate plate with tongs.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and return to the Instant Pot.
- Serve with fresh jalapeño slices, lime wedges and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts do not include optional ingredients.
Don’t forget to Pin this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili for later!