15 Aug Keto Everything Bagel Chicken Thighs with Cream Cheese Gravy
These keto everything bagel chicken thighs are so crispy and juicy! Perfectly browned in a cast iron skillet and finished in the oven, they are smothered in a low carb, gluten free cream cheese gravy. The perfect comfort food dinner for a chilly fall night!
These keto everything bagel chicken thighs are SO easy to make. First, brown some bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs in a cast iron skillet on the stovetop.
Bake them in the oven to get the perfect internal temperature without overcooking.
Finally, make a super simple gravy out of the skillet drippings, some softened cream cheese and a little chicken broth. This is our new favorite 30-minute meal!
Keto Everything Bagel Chicken Thighs with Cream Cheese Gravy
- cast iron skillet
- 2 lb chicken thighs (about 4 thighs) (bone-in, skin-on)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2-3 tbsp Everything Bagel seasoning
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c chicken broth (plus extra to thin gravy if needed)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pat chicken thighs very dry with a paper towel and season tops lightly with sea salt. (Remember, the cream cheese is salty.)
- Heat avocado oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken thighs skin side down in the oil and cook until skin is browned and crispy, about 7-10 minutes. While the tops are browning, season the bottoms with Everything Bagel seasoning. The chicken will easily release from the pan and not stick when ready to flip.
- Remove from heat. Flip the thighs, season the tops with Everything Bagel seasoning, and place in the oven, cooking an additional 10-20 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Set the chicken thighs aside, leaving the juices in the skillet, and melt the softened cream cheese on low heat in the drippings. Once the cheese is melted, slowly add chicken broth until the desired consistency is reached.
- Place the chicken thighs back in the skillet with the gravy and serve immediately.
Pin these keto everything bagel chicken thighs for later!
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.