15 Jun Low Carb, Keto Potato Salad – Fauxtato Salad
This Low Carb, Keto Potato Salad combines all the flavors you’d expect to find in a typical recipe like mustard, mayo, pickles, onions and dill but uses cauliflower instead of potatoes yielding only about 10% of the normal carbs. The fresh cilantro brightens the flavor as well, and the smoked paprika garnish gives incredible depth to this Fauxtato Salad. The perfect Keto BBQ side dish!
Any family gathering or neighborhood block party up to snuff has one thing in common. Potato salad. You’ve just gotta have it. Summer BBQs… Thanksgiving… Christmas… Birthdays…the Super Bowl. You name it – Someone always brings an awesomely creamy, slightly crunchy and a-tad-tart potato salad. It’s a year-around staple!
After switching to the Keto WOE, I never thought I’d eat potato salad again. BUT. This Low Carb, Keto “Potato” Salad (a/k/a Fauxtato Salad) has all of those same flavors and a very similar texture (I was totally pleased.) with only about 10% of the total carbs. OH. MY. YUM…
SERIOUSLY. If you haven’t tried it, don’t knock it. If you haven’t noticed, potatoes don’t have a ton of flavor. They absorb the flavors they are served with very readily. So does boiled cauliflower. 🙂 Just trust me for a minute, give it an honest chance and you’ll love it, you-starchy-veggie-deprived-gal (or guy).
This Low Carb, Keto Potato Salad combines all the flavors you’d expect to find in a typical recipe like mustard, mayo, pickles, onions and dill but uses cauliflower instead of potatoes, yielding only about 10% of the normal carbs. The fresh cilantro brightens the flavor as well, and the smoked paprika gives incredible depth to this Fauxtato Salad.
- 24 oz. cauliflower florets, boiled in 1/2 tsp. sea salt until very tender and coarsely chopped
- 6 large eggs, boiled, cooled and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 c. finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, minced, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper
- smoked paprika for garnish
- Add cauliflower, eggs, onion, celery, pickles, mustard, mayonnaise and sour cream to a large serving bowl.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add fresh dill and cilantro, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix well again.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Prior to serving, garnish with additional fresh dill and cilantro and a sprinkling of smoked paprika.
- You can buy pre-boiled eggs at the store to save time.
- I use herb scissors to make quick work of mincing the dill and cilantro.
- Go ahead and do your mixing in a large serving bowl to save on dish washing. You can clean off the sides after mixing, and you’re good to go.
Be sure to save this Low Carb Keto Potato Salad – Fauxtato Salad for later!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert. Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythitrol carbs are not included in the nutritional information as it has been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.comwith a link back to the original content.