16 Mar Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Tortilla Soup
This Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Tortilla Soup is delicious, healthy and so easy to make! Just combine chicken breasts, onion and tomatoes in the slow cooker along with a few common spices like chili powder, garlic and cayenne and you have a scrumptious one pot slow cooker dinner! Garnish with limes, cilantro + avocado!
So I know we’re like *this close* to spring, but it’s still cold and rainy and cloudy here, and I’m not ready to give up my cold weather soups yet. I have just a couple more of my most favorite soups of the season to share with you guys before I turn on grilling and salad mode. This Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Tortilla Soup is sooooo good! And easy and tasty and… did I mention just plain good?! Just pop everything in the slow cooker in the morning and you’ll be good to go for dinner.
Add as many toppings as you like… diced fresh red onion, shredded lettuce, creamy avocado, spicy salsa, habanero sauce, Belizean Onion Sauce, guacamole, freshly minced cilantro, Paleo sour cream, pico do gallo… just pile it on!
Also pictured are Siete Tortilla Chips. While not technically Whole30-compliant since they are prepackaged, the ingredients are all compliant. You can read more about this restriction in the official Whole30 books.
- It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways
- The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom
- The Whole30 Cookbook: 150 Delicious and Totally Compliant Recipes to Help You Succeed with the Whole30 and Beyond
- The Whole30 Fast & Easy Cookbook: 150 Simply Delicious Everyday Recipes for Your Whole30
- Food Freedom Forever: Letting Go of Bad Habits, Guilt, and Anxiety Around Food by the Co-Creator of the Whole30
Also, see the bottom of the post to learn how I managed to read It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways and Food Freedom Forever: Letting Go of Bad Habits, Guilt, and Anxiety Around Food by the Co-Creator of the Whole30 with four kids, a full-time job and a part-time blog.
Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Add the chicken.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Check the chicken for doneness with a digital thermometer.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks.
- Place back into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Serve into bowls and drizzle each bowl with the juice from half a lime. I use this manual citrus juicer.
- Garnish with all the things!
Don’t forget to Pin this Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe for later! Make sure to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram when you make it at @farmsteadchic using #farmsteadchic! 🙂
I get a lot of questions about what foods are Whole30-compliant and why some aren’t. I’m so happy to help, but I would definitely recommend reading the Whole30 books if you haven’t already. Knowledge really is power, especially when you’re just trying to make it through the work day and that 3pm chocolate bar craving hits. You’ll know why you’re feeling the way you are and what you can do to squash it.
If you’re like me, a busy working mom with too much to do to sit down and stop everything to read a book, you should definitely check out Amazon’s Audible program. That’s how I found time to read It Starts With Food, by having it read to me. I love, love Audible. I just recently purchased Food Freedom Forever with one of my monthly credits, and it’s another winner so far. I listen to it in the car to and from work and also while I’m cooking and doing chores.