10 Jul The BEST Keto Pizza Crust – Crispy Almond Flour Pizza
This is the BEST keto pizza crust! Only 4 ingredients! It’s QUICK and EASY, moist and chewy, firm enough to hold all your low carb toppings – not eggy and soggy – and crisps so nicely! Made with finely ground almond flour, gooey mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and an egg, it’s super easy and comes together in under 15 minutes.
This is the best keto pizza crust recipe! With only four simple ingredients, this gluten-free, grain-free low carb pizza crust is super easy to make. We’ll show you how to make it step-by-step here, or you can scroll straight to the recipe card.
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
First, you’ll want to melt 3 cups of mozzarella cheese and 2 ounces of cream cheese together in a microwave-safe bowl. You can do this on a stovetop as well. In the microwave, heat the cheeses on high for 90 seconds and stir.
Heat in additional 20-second increments until fully melted and mixed.
Allow to cool for a moment. Then add 1 cup of almond flour and 1 large egg. Most recipes we’ve found use less almond flour for fewer carbs. We prefer a sturdier, tastier crust at the expense of a carb or two.
Use your hands to mix the dough until completely incorporated. If the dough starts to harden, heat on high an additional 15-20 seconds until pliable again.
Once the pizza dough is mixed well, layer a sheet of parchment paper on a pizza pan. We use non-bleached pre-cut parchment paper sheets purchased from Amazon.
Use your hands to roll out the dough to about a half-inch thickness. We found that a rolling pin just sticks to the cheese and causes more mess than it’s worth here.
Poke the crust 15-20 times with a fork to lessen bubbling.
Bake at 425°F for 8 minutes or until the crust bubbles up. Poke again with a fork 15-20 times and bake an additional 2-4 minutes or until evenly browned. (Keep in mind the crust will bake once more with the toppings, so you don’t want it completely browned on the edges.)
Now you can top with sauce, cheese and additional toppings, or you can make multiple crusts, allow to cool, and freeze for later!
Here are a few of our favorite low carb, keto pizzas to make:
- classic pepperoni pizza
- buffalo chicken pizza
- BBQ chicken pizza
- spicy Italian pizza
- margherita pizza
- all the cheeses pizza
- leftover brisket pizza
- Greek veggies and goat cheese pizza
- pesto breakfast pizza
- dessert pizza <3
The BEST Keto Pizza Crust | EASY - Only 4 Ingredients!
- 3 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 lg egg
- 1 c almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 3 cups of the mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese for on high 90 seconds. Stir the cheese mixture, and heat for 20-second increments until competely melted, stirring each time.
- Allow the cheese mixture to cool for one minute. Stir in the almond flour and then the egg until completely incorporated.
- Layer a piece of parchment paper on a pizza pan. Wet your hands and roll out the dough evenly to a half-inch thickness. Poke the dough 15-20 times with a fork to prevent bubbling.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and poke any bubbling areas again. Bake an additional 2-4 minutes until evenly browned.
- Cover with sauce, cheese, and additional toppings, and bake until cheese is melted and toppings are heated through. Alternatively, layer multiple baked, cooled crusts between parchment paper, wrap with cling wrap, and freeze for up to 30 days.