23 Feb BEST Keto Sausage Balls – Low Carb Sausage Balls
These are the BEST keto sausage balls – full of flavor, crispy on the outside, and moist on the inside! They are the perfect low carb, gluten-free appetizer or snack. Only one net carb each!
These are seriously the best keto sausage balls on the internet! I love a good sausage ball – tasty, not bland, crispy on the outside, and moist and fluffy on the inside. These low carb sausage balls check all those boxes. No gritty, dense balls of disappointment here!
Cream cheese helps keep the almond flour moist, and eggs hold everything together Plenty of spices and some tabasco sauce keep things interesting and flavorful. I serve this with plain old ranch dressing, some coconut avocado drizzle, or creamy chipotle sauce. Because I like my sausage balls spicy, I keep the dip pretty chill.
This recipe makes about 56 one-inch sausage balls, which come out to about one net carb each. Score! Use a cookie scoop to get uniform-sized balls so they all get done at the same time. This mix is also a bit stickier than traditional Bisquick sausage ball dough, so the cookie scoop works better than using your hands.
I use pre-cut non-bleached parchment paper squares to keep them from sticking. if you use foil or a baking sheet with no parchment paper, be SURE to grease it really well. I tried them with greased aluminum foil, and they still stuck.
Best Keto Sausage Balls – Low Carb Sausage Balls
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Cookie dough scoop
- Chef's knife or herb mincers
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage mild
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1.5 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1.5 c shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 4 large eggs
- tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper (or bake in batches).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, baking powder, cayenne pepper, freshly cracked black pepper, and sea salt. Mix in the sausage, cheeses, eggs, and Tobasco sauce. Add the cilantro or parsley and mix one more time. Don't over mix.
- Use a cookie scoop to make uniform one-inch balls and place onto the parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and crispy outside.
Pin the best keto sausage balls recipe for later!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert or medical professional. Nutritional information for my recipes is provided as a courtesy and is only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythritol and monk fruit carbs are not included in the nutritional information as they have been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.