07 Aug Keto Greek Lamb Chops: Cinnamon Citrus Frenched Rack of Lamb
These Keto Greek Lamb Chops are spiced with cinnamon and a little cayenne pepper and bursting with citrus flavor. Serve with some low carb whipped feta or keto tahini sauce for the perfect keto Mediterranean appetizer.
We looooove Mediterranean food. I love being thinner and healthier. I’m on a quest to make ALL the yummy foods I love without the carbs. These keto Greek lamb chops are the perfect recipe to kick off the Mediterranean foods category because they are naturally low carb and full of protein. 💪
These keto Greek lamb chops are super easy to make. First, trim a Frenched rack of lamb into individual chops.
Mix the dry rub and rub into the lamb chops.
Place the lamb chops into a bowl and cover with the marinade. Allowing them to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes gives the chops time to absorb the flavors while also warming up a bit so they cook more evenly.
When it’s time to cook them, a quick 2-3 minute sear on each side will give you a perfectly browned crust with pink on the inside. Use a wired meat thermometer to ensure you reach your desired doneness.
Keto Greek Lamb Chops: Cinnamon Citrus Frenched Rack of Lamb
- 1 lb frenched lamb rack divided into chops (approx. 1 rack of lamb, divided into 8 chops)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the Dry Rub
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Marinade
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- orange slices for garnish
- fresh parsley for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine dry rub ingredients.
- Rub lamb chops with the dry rub evenly and place the chops in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together, and add them to the bowl with the lamb chops. Toss to coat and cover. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil to coat the bottom of a large cast iron skillet. Heat over medium-high until oil is shimmering but not smoking.
- Using tongs, add lamb chops to the skillet. Sear for 2-3 minutes on each side. Use a wired meat thermometer to ensure you reach your desired doneness. Transfer to platter and cover with foil. Repeat with any remaining chops. (See notes)
- Garnish with sliced oranges sauteed in the remaining EVOO and fresh parsley leaves. (optional and not included in nutrition facts)
Pin these keto Greek lamb chops for later!
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.