15 Dec Low Carb, Keto Bagels – Fathead Bagels
These Low Carb, Keto Bagels are based on the Fathead dough recipe and use mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond flour and eggs to make a low carb “bread” that’s surprisingly light and cream-cheese-spreadable. Add some smoked salmon, capers and sliced red onion for a Bagel and Lox.
These Low Carb, Keto Bagels will satisfy all your carby bread cravings. Based on the Fathead dough recipe, these bagels are made with mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, blanched almond flour and eggs. Sea salt and a powdered monk fruit blend provide flavor and balance out the cheesy flavor.
I love that there are so many options for the bagels! Top with cream cheese and a couple berries, smoked salmon and capers, peanut (or almond) butter, or just eat them plain!
These freeze well also. To reheat, let thaw overnight in the fridge, slice and place under the broiler or in the toaster.
Low Carb, Keto Bagels - Fathead Bagels
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place mozzarella cheese, blanched almond flour and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Microwave on high 1 minute.
- Mix ingredients.
- Microwave on high an additional 30 seconds.
- Mix well, but gently, with hands.
- Add egg, powdered monk fruit blend, sea salt and baking powder, and mix well again.
- Divide dough until 6 equal parts, and roll into balls. Roll the balls into long cylindrical shapes and stretch into a circle, connecting the ends to form a bagel shape. Place on a greased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. **OR** Divide dough until 6 equal parts and press into a greased 6-cavity silicone donut mold.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until bagels are browned and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife and serving.
- To reheat, let thaw overnight in the fridge, slice and place under the broiler or in the toaster.
Be sure to Pin this Low Carb, Keto Bagels recipe for later!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert or medical professional. Nutritional information for my recipes are provided as a courtesy and are only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythritol and monk fruit carbs are not included in the nutritional information as they have been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.