01 Aug Low Carb, Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup – Instant Pot
This Low Carb, Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup has all the elements you’d want in an easy weeknight dinner! It’s classic, no frills, made in the Instant Pot and only requires a handful of ingredients, and it’s creamy, cheesy and healthy! Hello, broccoli! #broccolicheesesoup #broccolicheddarsoup #ketosoup #lowcarbsoup
Oooooh, this Low Carb, Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup! It’s just a classic, no frills, comforting bowl of cheesy goodness. I love that I can throw most of the ingredients in the Instant Pot, forget it and go about my business (kids’ homework), blend it, stir in the cheese and easily have a comforting, secretly healthy dinner that the whole family will eat with no complaints.
As prepared, each serving has about 8.5 net carbs. To lower then carb count even more, you can use less broccoli. I like to pack in as many green veggies as possible in my meals, but it would be just as tasty with half the broccoli if you need to adjust the recipe for your macros. Just don’t go crazy with the immersion blender so you still have some texture.
Low Carb, Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup - Instant Pot
- 4 - 10 oz. packages frozen chopped broccoli
- I medium yellow onion chopped
- 32 oz. Kettle and Fire Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 t. ground white pepper
- 1/2 t. sea salt plus more to taste depending on how salty your broth is
- 1/2 t. dried thyme
- 5 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 T. warm water
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum
- Add first seven ingredients to the Instant Pot and mix well.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender until 1/3 of the broccoli is blended.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar and cream cheese. If you have trouble getting all of the cheese melted, use the immersion blender again.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Mix the xanthan gum with the warm water in a small bowl.
- Slowly stir the xanthan gum mixture into the soup. Allow 5-10 minutes to thicken. If desired, you can repeat with another 1/2 teaspoon to thicken more.
Don’t forget to Pin this Low Carb, Keto Broccoli Cheese recipe for later!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert. Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythitrol carbs are not included in the nutritional information as it has been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.