05 Dec Low Carb, Keto Spiced Rum Mojito – Keto Cocktail
This Low Carb, Keto Spiced Rum Mojito is a sugar-free, snappy take on the traditional Cuban cocktail. While a regular mojito can add up to 50 carbs (or more), this Keto Mojito is less than two carbs! You can’t go wrong with dark spiced rum, tangy lime juice and fresh mint leaves.
The time is nigh for Christmas celebrations, New Year’s Eve parties and other holiday soirees. This Low Carb, Keto Spiced Rum Mojito is a perfect keto cocktail for the occasion. The spiced rum adds a little kick to the traditional Cuban drink, and a powdered monk fruit and erythritol blend cuts out the need to make simple syrup, while bringing the carb count down to 2 carbs per drink.
If you’re trying to lose weight quickly on a ketogenic diet, you may want to ditch the alcohol even if you have the macros for it as alcohol can slow or halt weight loss in some. For some really helpful keto resources, see the book links below the recipe.
Low Carb, Keto Spiced Rum Mojito - Keto Cocktail
- 10 large mint leaves plus additional for garnish
- 4 oz. dark spiced rum
- 1.5 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. powdered monk fruit and erythritol blend
- lime wedges or wheels for garnish optional
- Muddle mint leaves in the bottom of cocktail shaker.
- Add rum, lime juice, erythritol blend and ice. Shake until erythritol blend is dissolved, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a highball glass over fresh ice.
- Top with seltzer.
- Garnish with a mint spring and lime wedge or wheel.
Don’t forget to save this Low Carb, Keto Spiced Rum Mojito – Keto Cocktail for later!
Maria Emmerich is one of my favorite keto writers. If you want to learn more about the ketogenic diet or you haven’t read any of her books, you’ve gotta check her out:
- Keto: The Complete Guide to Success on The Ketogenic Diet, including Simplified Science and No-cook Meal Plans
- Quick & Easy Ketogenic Cooking: Meal Plans and Time Saving Paleo Recipes to Inspire Health and Shed Weight
- Easy Dairy-Free Ketogenic Recipes: Family Favorites Made Low-Carb and Healthy
- Keto Comfort Foods: Family Favorite Recipes Made Low-Carb and Healthy
- Keto Restaurant Favorites: More Than 175 Tasty Classic Recipes Made Fast, Fresh, and Healthy
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert or medical professional. Nutritional information for my recipes are provided as a courtesy and are only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythritol and monk fruit carbs are not included in the nutritional information as they have been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.