17 Apr Low Carb, Keto Jalapeño Poppers, Gluten-Free, Whole30 Option
With only ONE net carb and 18g fat, these cheesy bacon-wrapped Low Carb, Keto Jalapeño Poppers are a keto-dieter’s dream. They require only 8 ingredients and half an hour. Gluten-free, grain-free with a dairy-free, Whole30 and Paleo option too! The perfect finger food or appetizer!
I’m on the edge of my seat here in Tennessee waiting on the weather to cooperate so I can get lots of pepper plants in the ground. Come on, Mother Nature, I need some spice in my life!
It’s no secret I love peppers. If you need proof, check out these Paleo and Whole30 Chipotle Lime Chicken Stuffed Peppers, Paleo and Whole30 Five Pepper Soup, Paleo and Whole30 Roasted Poblano Sauce, Paleo and Whole30 Stuff Taco Poblano Peppers, Paleo and Whole30 Jalapeño Lime Chicken Marinade or these Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Jalapeño Poppers.
What may be a secret, though, is that I love cheese. Don’t get me wrong. I love the Whole30 program and Melissa Hartwig and everything they stand for…but sometimes a girl’s just gotta have cheese.
I’ve been fiddling around with the keto diet while eating mostly Whole30 as well, and I’ve had great results so far. Eight pounds down in a just few weeks all while “weightlifting like a man (no insult intended)” according to my awesome personal trainer and still maintaining my energy levels. I’m calling it a win.
**Maria Emmerich is one of my favorite keto writers. If you want to learn more about the ketogenic diet or you haven’t read any of her books, you’ve gotta check her out:
- Keto: The Complete Guide to Success on The Ketogenic Diet, including Simplified Science and No-cook Meal Plans
- Quick & Easy Ketogenic Cooking: Meal Plans and Time Saving Paleo Recipes to Inspire Health and Shed Weight
- Easy Dairy-Free Ketogenic Recipes: Family Favorites Made Low-Carb and Healthy
- Keto Comfort Foods: Family Favorite Recipes Made Low-Carb and Healthy
- Keto Restaurant Favorites: More Than 175 Tasty Classic Recipes Made Fast, Fresh, and Healthy
Also, see the bottom of the post to learn how I manage to find time to read with four kids, a full-time job and a part-time blog.
I struggle on the weekends home with the hubby and kids but have finally found myself in ketosis according to my blood testing meter. I can’t imagine any sort of diet easier to follow than keto. Calling it a diet is almost laughable. I can eat all my favorite things without feeling bloated and just plain yucky the next morning.
If you can’t tolerate dairy or are in the middle of a Whole30, you can easily leave off the cheddar cheese and replace the cream cheese with a little coconut milk and still have some yummy Low Carb, Keto Jalapeño Poppers, Whole30-style. I have a Beef Paleo and Whole30 Jalapeño Poppers recipe and a Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Jalapeño Poppers recipe as well.
Low Carb, Keto Jalapeño Poppers, Gluten-Free, Whole30 Option
- Heat the avocado oil until warm. If you're using beef with a high fat content, you can skip this step.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the meat is browned, about 7 minutes. Use something like this Pampered Chef Mix 'n' Chop to keep your meat finely ground as you brown it.
- Drain excess grease if necessary.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and stir in the cream cheese. Continue to stir until melted and mixed thoroughly.
- Stuff the jalapeños with the meat mixture so that it's heaping a little.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeño with a piece of bacon and sprinkle evenly with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until you can smell the wonderful roasted jalapeño smell and the bacon begins to crisp on the edges.
Don’t forget to Pin these Low Carb, Keto Jalapeño Poppers for later!
Make sure to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram when you make these Low Carb, Keto Jalapeño Poppers at @farmsteadchic using #farmsteadchic! 🙂
If you’re like me, a busy working mom with too much to do to sit down and stop everything to read a book, you should definitely check out Amazon’s Audible program. That’s how I find time to read up on the latest nutritional findings. I love, love Audible. I just recently purchased Food Freedom Forever with one of my monthly credits, and it’s another winner so far. I listen to it in the car to and from work and also while I’m cooking and cleaning.