This Paleo and Whole30 Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad has a base of kale. Add grilled chicken to make it a full meal and drizzle with Strawberry Vinaigrette. A simple gluten free, grain free and dairy free superfood meal! Leave off the chicken for a vegetarian and vegan side salad.
There’s nothing like a huge leafy salad in the springtime. Add some grilled chicken, strawberries and avocado, and you have one well-rounded superfood dinner on your hands. Er, plate.
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Rinse and dry chicken breast.
- Place it between two sheets of parchment paper and pound with a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Brush avocado oil on each side of the chicken and season generously with sea salt and pepper.
- Using tongs, place the chicken on the grill and grill on high for three minutes on each side.
- Flip once more with tongs and lower the heat. Grill until chicken reaches a internal temperature of 165°F. I use this digital instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the chicken and set aside while preparing the salad.
- Layer the kale, avocado and strawberries in bowls. Slice the chicken and add to the bowls.
- Drizzle with Strawberry Vinaigrette dressing and serve.
If you appreciate big leafy salads like me, check out my Paleo and Whole30 Taco Salad Bowls and Paleo and Whole30 Taco Ranch Grilled Chicken Salad.
If you make this Paleo and Whole30 Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad, be sure to snap a pic and tag me on Instagram as @farmsteadchic with #farmsteadchic!
I actually split the salad three ways in these cute glass Pyrex meal prep containers and took them to work. Just save the dressing until right before eating!
Don’t forget to save this Paleo and Whole30 Strawberry Avocado Kale Salad for later!