This Low Carb, Keto Lasagna Soup features a tomato and chicken broth base with plenty of juicy Italian sausage and creamy mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Garlic, oregano and bay leaves seal the delicious deal. Gluten-free and grain-free. #lasagnasoup #ketolasagna #lowcarblasagna #ketosoup #lowcarbsoup
Italian food is my weakness. When I think about Italian food, my pasta-lovin’ mind immediately goes straight to lasagna. Not so conducive to a keto, low carb, grain-free, gluten-free diet, huh? Well, this Low Carb, Keto Lasagna Soup is a great alternative and completely satisfies my pasta cravings!
This Low Carb, Keto Lasagna Soup is features a tomato and chicken broth base with plenty of juicy Italian sausage and creamy mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. Garlic, oregano and bay leaves seal the delicious deal.
For other yummy, cheesy low carb and keto soups, check out these:
- Low Carb, Keto Pesto Chicken Soup
- Low Carb, Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Low Carb, Keto Buffalo Chicken Bacon Soup
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. no sugar added tomato paste
- 32 oz. Kettle and Fire Chicken Bone Broth, separated
- 29 oz. no sugar added diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 c. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- optional garnishes: a dollop of ricotta cheese, additional grated parmesan and/or mozzarella, fresh oregano, parsley or basil
- Heat avocado oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Italian sausage and cook another 3-5 minutes, or until browned. (I use a meat chopper to keep it from clumping.)
- Add minced garlic and cook one additional minute until fragrant.
- Stir in tomato paste until heated through and thoroughly mixed.
- Use 1/2 cup of the chicken broth to deglaze the pan.
- Add remaining chicken broth, tomatoes, oregano, crushed red pepper and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Check the consistency of your soup. If it’s too runny for your taste, simmer a few more minutes uncovered. (Mine turned out perfectly.)
- Turn heat to low.
- Stir in the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses until melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste if desired. ( I didn’t. This will depend on the sodium content of your chicken broth and how spicy you want your soup.)
- Serve with some additional garnishes (not included in Nutrition Facts) such as a dollop of ricotta cheese, additional grated parmesan and/or mozzarella, fresh oregano, parsley or basil.
Don’t forget to Pin this Low Carb, Keto Lasagna Soup recipe for later!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert. Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in the nutritional information as it has been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.