14 Sep The BEST Chaffle Recipe! – Keto Waffle Bread
Last Updated on December 23, 2021
The BEST Chaffle Recipe! This Keto Chaffle is tasty without being too eggy or cheesy, firm enough to hold all of your toppings, and crispy, not soggy. The perfect keto bread substitute!
There are a ton of chaffle recipes flooding the interwebs right now. I’ve put off trying them until this week because 1) I don’t like keto bread substitutes in general, and 2) my mini waffle maker has been packed away in our camper from our last trip.
I finally tried a few of the recipes out there and wasn’t really impressed by them, although I do like the idea of a quick sandwich bread substitute that only needs a few ingredients and a couple minutes to make. Some were super eggy and flimsy and some were way too cheesy. (How is too cheesy even a thing? I don’t know, but somehow they were.)
I wanted a good chaffle recipe that was firm enough to hold all of my sammie fixins without falling apart or getting soggy and not so cheesy that the flavor overpowers the toppings.
That’s why I played around with ingredients all day until I came up with THE BEST CHAFFLE RECIPE. It’s
- Tasty ✔️ – Garlic powder adds a little depth.
- Firm ✔️ – Blanched almond flour adds structure to the chaffle, keeping it from falling apart beneath mounds of shaved corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing. (Oh, yes, I did make a Reuben Chaffle, and it was DELISH.)
- Crispy ✔️- Plenty of mozzarella cheese ensures this chaffle isn’t getting soggy under the marinara sauce when you whip up an impromptu Pizza Chaffle.
This chaffle recipe isn’t meant to be used as a waffle substitute. It’s savory and doesn’t have that super fluffy texture you’d want in a sweet breakfast waffle. It’s for all those yummy sandwiches you’ve been missing like BLT Chaffles, Reuben Chaffles, Big Mac Chaffles, and Chicken Salad Chaffles. It’s also perfect for Pizza Chaffles, BBQ Chicken Chaffles and Tostada Chaffles.
The BEST Chaffle Recipe
- 1/2 c. finely shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. blanched almond flour
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg
- avocado oil spray
- Heat your mini waffle maker.
- Combine chedese, almond flour, garlic powder, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Incorporate egg into the cheese mixture and mix well.
- Spray mini waffle maker with avocado oil once heated.
- Spoon half of the chaffle mixture into the mini waffle maker.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove with two forks or tongs.
- Repeat for second chaffle.
Be sure to Pin the BEST Chaffle Recipe for later!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert. Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythitrol carbs are not included in the nutritional information as it has been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.