This Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Chili is the perfect solution for your holiday turkey leftovers! Creamy, spicy and healthy, it’s the perfect change of pace after a big day of eating.
#grainfree #glutenfree #dairyfree #lowcarb #keto #whitechili #lowcarbchili #ketochili
Are you looking to use up your holiday turkey leftovers? I’ve got you covered with this Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Chili. Spicy, savory, thick and creamy, it’s a nice change from your traditional leftover turkey sandwiches.
For other Low carb, keto leftover turkey recipes, check out these.
This Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Chili is the perfect solution for your holiday turkey leftovers! Creamy, spicy and healthy, it’s the perfect change of pace after a big day of eating. #grainfree #glutenfree #dairyfree #lowcarb #keto #whitechili #lowcarbchili #ketochili
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground white pepper
- 7 oz. can diced green chiles, undrained
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 c. leftover turkey, chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp. water
- sea salt, to taste
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Add onions, celery and jalapeño. Cook 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic, cumin and ground white pepper and cook 2 more minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the diced green chiles and chicken broth.
- Turn to high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add the chopped turkey and simmer uncovered 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cream cheese until melted.
- Stir in the heavy cream.
- Add 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum to 2 tbsp. water and whisk or use a milk frother to ensure there are no clumps.
- Add to the chili and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 if you want a thicker soup, keeping the mind the xanthan gum can take several minutes to thicken.
Start off small with the xanthan gum. A little goes a long way. Make sure the first 1/4 tsp. has completely thickened the soup before you add more, or you could end up with the consistency of canned gelatinous cream of chicken soup!
Don’t forget to save this Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Chili recipe for later!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert or medical professional. Nutritional information for my recipes are provided as a courtesy and are only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythitrol and monk fruit carbs are not included in the nutritional information as they have been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.