01 Dec Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Jalapeño Poppers
These Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Jalapeño Poppers are creamy and spicy, practically melt in your mouth and have only one carb each!
I have one more leftover turkey recipe from this year’s Thanksgiving! These Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Jalapeño Poppers are creamy and spicy, have only one carb each, practically melt in your mouth and – maybe best of all if you had a lot left over – don’t taste a thing like your holiday turkey!
For more leftover turkey recipes, check these out.
- Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Salad
- Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Chili (white chili)
- Keto Leftover Turkey “Noodle” Casserole – Gluten Free, Grain Free
- Paleo & Whole30 Leftover Turkey Chili (red chili)
Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Jalapeño Poppers
- 8 large jalapeños halved width-wise, seeds and membranes removed (wear kitchen gloves!)
- 8 slices bacon halved length-wise
- 1 c. leftover turkey very finely chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Add in turkey and mix well.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Scoop turkey mixture evenly into jalapeño halves and place on a baking sheet.
- Wrap each jalapeño with a half slice of bacon so that the ends rest under the pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Wear kitchen gloves when working with the raw peppers! The capsaicin can irritate your skin and burn for hours if you are sensitive to it.
- If you want to keep with the turkey theme, you can easily substitute turkey bacon for pork.
- Make sure the ends of the bacon rest under the pepper halves after wrapping, or they will flop around while cooking.
Don’t forget to save this Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Jalapeño Poppers recipe for later!
Another Pin-Worthy Graphic for These Keto, Low Carb Leftover Turkey Jalapeño Poppers
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert or medical professional. Nutritional information for my recipes are provided as a courtesy and are only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythitrol and monk fruit carbs are not included in the nutritional information as they have been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.