17 Dec Low Carb, Keto Cranberry Sauce
This Low Carb, Keto Cranberry Sauce has a citrus-cinnamon twist and is the perfect complement to your holiday spread. Fresh orange zest and orange extract replace the sugary orange juice found in most cranberry-orange sauces, and a monk fruit blend brings plenty of sweetness without all of those carbs.
When I was a kid, cranberry sauce on rolls was my favorite Thanksgiving treat. You know, that gelatinous blob of goo that slides right out of the can? Well, my tastes have matured quite a bit since then, and I love this homemade, tart, fresh and chunky low carb, keto cranberry sauce. Orange extract, orange zest and cinnamon bring a little extra flair to the dish.
For more holiday side dishes check these out.
- Low Carb, Keto Potato Salad – Fauxtato Salad
- Low Carb, Keto Jalapeño Corn Casserole
- Low Carb, Keto Broccoli Casserole – Gluten Free, Grain Free
- Low Carb, Keto Green Bean Casserole – Gluten Free, Grain Free
- Low Carb, Keto Mashed Cauliflower – Fauxtatoes
Low Carb, Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: About 2 1/4 cups 1x
- Category: Condiments and Sauces
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
This Low Carb, Keto Cranberry Sauce has a citrus-cinnamon twist and is the perfect complement to your holiday spread. Fresh orange zest and orange extract replace the sugary orange juice found in most cranberry-orange sauces, and granulated erythritol brings plenty of sweetness without all of those carbs.
- 1 c. water
- 1 1/2 c. granulated erythritol
- 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. orange extract
- In a saucepan, boil water and granulated erythritol approximately 5 minutes, stirring until erythritol is until dissolved.
- Add cranberries and cook another 10 minutes until cranberries burst, stirring often to keep from burning.
- Turn heat to low. Add cinnamon and orange extract. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in orange zest. Allow to cool, but do not chill. (See notes.) Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Serve cool but not cold. Erythritol crystalizes when chilled in liquid.
- If you do store in the refrigerator, you can reheat to make it smooth again.
Don’t forget to Pin this Low Carb, Keto Cranberry Sauce recipe for later!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert or medical professional. Nutritional information for my recipes are provided as a courtesy and are only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythritol and monk fruit carbs are not included in the nutritional information as they have been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.