19 Dec Low Carb, Keto Sausage and Peppers Soup
This Low Carb, Keto Sausage and Peppers Soup is full of so many fresh flavors! Crispy-browned beef kielbasa, sweet red and green bell peppers and savory onions simmer in a chicken and tomato-based broth. Freshly minced garlic and Italian seasoning provide plenty of favor, and heavy cream balances out the spiciness of crushed red pepper.
Ahhhhhh, this Low Carb, Keto Sausage and Peppers Soup! It is so easy to make, so tasty and so creamy! It’s the perfect soup to warm your cold winter bones.
Crispy-browned beef kielbasa, sweet red and green bell peppers and savory onions simmer in a chicken and tomato-based broth. Freshly minced garlic and Italian seasoning provide plenty of favor, and heavy cream balances out the spiciness of crushed red pepper.
For other low carb, gluten free and grain free soups, stews and chilis, check these out.
- Low Carb, Keto Hot Dog Soup
- Low Carb, Keto Pesto Chicken Soup
- Low Carb, Keto Lasagna Soup – Gluten Free
- Low Carb, Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup – Instant Pot
- Keto Cream of Mushroom Soup, Low Carb, Gluten Free
- Instant Pot Keto Buffalo Chicken Bacon Soup, Low Carb
- Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Noodle Soup
- Keto Coconut Curry Chicken Soup, Paleo and Whole30
- Paleo and Whole30 Five Pepper Soup
- Paleo + Whole30 Creamy Curry Summer Squash Soup
- Dairy-Free & Whole30 Potato Leek Soup, Creamy + Spicy
- Paleo & Whole30 Cabbage Beef Soup
- Paleo & Whole30 Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup
- Low Carb, Keto Pizza Soup – Whole30, Paleo Soup
- Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Chili
- Low Carb, Keto Chili
- Paleo and Whole30 Beefy Bacon Chili
- Paleo and Whole30 Apple Cider Chili
- Paleo and Whole30 White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili, Paleo + Whole30
- Instant Pot Chili – Paleo and Whole30 Chili
- Paleo & Whole30 Leftover Turkey Chili
- Easy 8-ingredient Paleo & Whole30 Chili, Stovetop Chili
- Paleo & Whole30 Spiced Pumpkin Chili
Low Carb, Keto Sausage and Peppers Soup
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 12 oz. beef kielbasa sliced into 1/4-in coins
- 1 green bell pepper julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 medium yellow onion julienned
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 14.5 oz. petit diced tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- Heat avocado oil over medium-high heat in a large stock pot or dutch oven.
- Add sausage, peppers and onions and cook 10-15 minutes, or until sausage is lightly browned and peppers and onions are softened.
- Lower heat to medium. Add tomato paste, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and minced garlic. Stir 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and petit diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Adjust sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. You may need extra salt if using unsalted chicken broth.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
Don’t forget to Pin this Low Carb, Keto Sausage and Peppers Soup for later!
A Note on Nutrition Facts
I am not a nutritional expert or medical professional. Nutritional information for my recipes are provided as a courtesy and are only an approximation. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of any nutritional information provided for any recipe on this site. Erythritol and monk fruit carbs are not included in the nutritional information as they have been shown to have a low impact on blood sugar. Those with Diabetes or other health-related issues may need to calculate net carbs differently. If you need help managing or calculating carbs, ask your doctor or dietician for guidance. Net carbs provided are the total carbs less fiber and sugar alcohols. For the most accurate nutritional information, please calculate with your own specific ingredients using a program like Carb Manager or My Fitness Pal.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express permission from this site’s owner, Kristi Barnes, is strictly prohibited.
Excerpts and single photos may be used provided full credit is given to www.farmsteadchic.com with a link back to the original content.